SUNDAY, 24 JANUARY 2010

This blog is a follow-on from my Letters from China which was banned by the Chinese Government's "Great Firewall of China" for no apparent reason other than the fact that I talked about day-to-day events in China - when I lived there. So, now I am free of their censorship, I will re-post the offending letters and start again. The letters appear after the more recent posts.

Thursday 11 March 2010

Time for an update.....
We're now well and truly into the 38th Hong Kong Arts Festival and it's turning out to be quite a treat. Ever since we started visiting HK from the Mainland - almost 7 years ago, I have wanted to have the time to see as many shows as I could in the month of the festival. Well, so far we've seen The HK Philharmonic Orchestra, the HK Sinfonietta Orchestra and Ning Feng, The Cafe de Los Maestros - (amazing 10 minute standing ovation), The David Murray Jazz Quartet (encores demanded and given) and tomorrow we go to see Valdimir Ashkenazy and his sons perform in a rare family performance - can't wait!! It's not all music - on Monday we get to see "On the Waterfront" directed and starring Steven Berkoff. It's all culture and wonderful performances!


More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment